Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I Bought a Yonex Arc Saber 10

This is the season for shopping again. I managed to buy something that is close to my heart during the year-end holiday seasons – a Yonex Arc Saber 10 badminton racket.
.
This is not any rackets with a technical number such as Yonex Carbonex 30 MS or Carbonex 35. It is the racket uses by Peter Gade, World No. 2 badminton player.

The white sabre

I could have bought Yonex Armortec 900, the racket uses by Lee Chong Wei, our World No. 1 badminton player; or bought Yonex Arc Saber Z-Slash uses by Taufik Hidayat, World No. 5.
.
While browsing through the wide spectrum of rackets display on a shelf, there is this Chinese state badminton player who was there in the shop stringing his racket. So I asked him for advice.



He said the racket uses by Lee Chong Wei is a little heavy, good for smashing and hard-drive attack. The racket uses by Taufik, the frame is slightly smaller than the standard racket which is not used to by many players. The racket uses by Peter Gade is light and balance overall.

I was surprise to see this player pulled out two Arc Saber 10 white rackets from his bag. He actually owns two of the white rackets. Needless to say, I have a good reference.

One runner, in his email reply, commented that “Almost RM1k for a racket is simply unthinkable!”

As they say, kalah tiada apa, style mesti mau (losing a game is not important, must have style).

Having played badminton for many years with a Yonex Carbonex 21 Special, I think it is good to upgrade to a world standard racket, never mind the skill ... :-)
.
The creased newspaper advertisement that was kept by me for a while

One badminton player at the adjacent court asked me this question: which is more satisfying, badminton or running? After much thinking, I would say the answer is badminton where it involves tactical move, agility, accuracy (in placement of shots) and speed. On the other hand, running is about endurance and stamina which is necessary to sustain the badminton games.
.
Click here for previous postings on badminton.
.
Written by KC Leong
.

No comments: